The CLTS MA Waivers support children who are living at home or in the community who have substantial limitations in multiple daily activities as a result of one or more of the following disabilities:
- Developmental disabilities
- Severe emotional disturbances
- Physical disabilities
The child’s disability is characterized by a substantial limitation on the ability to function in at least two of the following areas:
- Receptive and expressive language
CLTS MA Waiver funding can be used to support a range of different community services to help the child live successfully at home and in the community. Allowable services are selected for the child based on an individualized assessment and service plan completed by the local CLTS Waiver agency in consultation with the child’s family. The assessment identifies the child’s needs, and the service plan identifies which services will be used to meet the identified needs. Some examples of different services that could be covered include adaptive aids, communication aids, supportive home care, specialized medical and therapeutic supplies, and respite care. A parental fee based on the family’s income may apply. For more information, please go to: CLTS MA Waiver.
Eligibility Criteria (must meet all eligibility criteria listed below):
- Be under 22 years of age.
- Be a United States citizen or meet MA immigration status requirements.
- Be a Wisconsin resident.
- Require a level of care typically provided at an intermediate care facility for individuals with intellectual disabilities (ICF/IID), a nursing home or a hospital.
- Be provided safe and appropriate care at home or in the community.
- Does not have income in their name in excess of the current standards for a child living in an institution.
- Does not incur a cost of care at home to the Wisconsin Medicaid Program that exceeds the cost Medicaid would pay if the child were in an institution.
- Be Medicaid eligible at the time of CLTS MA Waiver enrollment.